Your Job Search doesn't stop this summer!
Summer 2013 Virtual Career Fair
June 19th – July 3rd
Completely online via your hireacane.com account – view and apply for jobs, connect with recruiters via instant message/chat sessions.
Over 45 companies participating and opportunities for all majors!
Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68-weTKBHc
Questions? Go to www.hireacane.com and click on career expos and fairs: virtual career fair.
See you online!
Please join the Toppel Career Center during our summer programs to get ready for your job/internship search.
Thursday, June 27, 12:00pm
- Leveraging Linkedin for the Job Search (Webinar) Register here
Wednesday, July 10, 5:00pm
- Interviewing Skills (Webinar) Register here
Thursday, July 11, 5:00pm
- Leveraging Linkedin for the Job Search @ Toppel Career Center
Tuesday, July 16, 4:00pm
- Effective Resume & Cover Letter Writing (Webinar) Register here
Internship opportunities with Carnival Cruise Lines
TECHNICAL SOURCING – Intern (Position # 34792)
COMMERCIAL FUEL – Intern (Position # 34793)
- Analyzing current vendor database
- Helping prioritizing sourcing effort
- Issuing of technical sourcing reports to BU
- Preparing background analysis for specific sourcing efforts
F&B SOURCING – Intern (Position # 34794)
- Reporting to the Vice President Strategic Sourcing-Fuel of Carnival Corporation, this internship position will provide interactive learning opportunities and hands-on business experience in the global marine fuel business and cruise industry by utilizing their technical skills and educational knowledge.
- This internship will also provide exposure to the commercial sourcing and procurement of marine fuels, utilizing business analysis skills of market trends, price determination, and vendor information, for the largest cruise corporation in the world. Various projects will be requested of the intern to help broaden their understanding and comprehension of the fuel business.
Each position is for 2 months and compensation is $10/hr. This position does not qualify for relocation assistance or accommodations.
- Review the spreadsheets provided to gain an understanding of what we'd like to accomplish within the produce category
- Communicate with Business Units and document their responses
- Tour produce facilities to gain further produce knowledge
LOFT Innovation Track
An initiative of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
Leaders On Fast Track (LOFT) Innovation Track Program seeks an Intern based in Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, or Washington, DC. The LOFT Intern will be principally responsible for development, internal and external responsibilities including: project management, general administration, and human capital development. The LOFT Intern will play a critical role in the national expansion and overall growth of the LOFT Innovation Track.
Please visit www.hispanicheritage.org for more background. For a brief video featuring the young leaders visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV1-fT9kJEA.
- Co-Manage CRM and e-mail marketing tools
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Represent LOFT in regional and industry-specific conferences and other public venues
- Devise new media strategies for integration with development plans
To Apply: Please email your resume to Laura Medina at email@example.com
Toppel is Hiring (multiple positions)!
Become the next Employer Relations Intern
The Toppel Career Center Employer Relations Team is seeking an intern for the 2013-2014 school year. The ER Intern will collaborate with staff members to establish and foster relationships with employers and assist with execution of the team's strategic goals. This position provides exposure to key professionals and employers that are seeking University of Miami students. If you are self-motivated with strong communication and networking skills, please forward a copy of your resume to Jess Massoni, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to be a Peer Advisor
The Toppel Career Center is looking for energetic, outgoing, and well-spoken undergraduate students to represent the Toppel Career Center as Peer Advisors for the 2013-2014 academic year. Peer Advisors play a critical role in representing Toppel across campus by serving as the liaison between UM students and the Toppel Career Center. This is a leadership position through the Toppel Career Center. Applicants must qualify for federal work study.
To Apply: email email@example.com for an application and more details.
MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2013
Take a look at U.M.'s customized GlassDoor portal. Featuring popular jobs, salary information and Miami's top companies, this is a must-see resource!
| FOLLOW TOPPEL!